This Terms of Service (the “Terms”) is a binding agreement between you (”End User” or “you”) and Contraforce Group, Inc. (“Contraforce”). These Terms, along with any other agreement you hereby enter into with Contraforce, govern your use of Contraforce’s website https://www.contraforce.com (the “Site”) and the services offered by ContraForce in an applicable Order Form, which you may sign up for via the Site (together with the Site, the “Services”). The Services are licensed, not sold, to you.
1. License Grant. Subject to these Terms, Contraforce grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and nontransferable license to use the website for your personal, non-commercial use on devices owned or otherwise controlled by you (“Device(s)”) and to use the Services strictly in accordance with these Terms.
3. Communications. You consent to accept and receive communications from us, including e-mail. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe options we provide to you but some transactional messages are deemed to be part of the Services.
4. Contraforce Account. You may access the Site without registering for an account or Service, but as a condition of using certain aspects of the Services, including storage and transfer capabilities, you are required to create a Contraforce account (an “Account”). You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your devices and you hereby agree to accept responsibility for all activities, charges, and damages that occur under your account. If you discover any unauthorized use of your account, or other known account-related security breach, you must report it to Contraforce immediately. You agree that you are responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own. Contraforce cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
5. Payment.While we may offer portions of the Services or access to view our Site for free, we do charge for certain features of the Services, and Customer shall pay Contraforce the then applicable fees as described in the Order Form for those Services in accordance with the terms therein. When paid by you, these payments are final and non-refundable. Contrafoce, in its sole discretion, may offer credits or refunds on a case-by-case basis including, by way of example, in the event of an error with your order or in the amounts you were charged. Contraforce will charge, and you authorize Contraforce to charge, the payment method you specify at the time of purchase. If you pay any amounts with a credit card, Contraforce may seek pre-authorization of your credit card account prior to your purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has credit available for your intended purchase. Contraforce reserves the right to establish, remove, and/or revise prices, fees, taxes, and/or surcharges for any or all services or goods obtained through the use of the Services at any time. Regardless of the cause, Contraforce reserves the right to charge the final price after checkout, including without limitation all applicable transaction taxes.
6. License Restrictions. If for any reason, ContraForce determines that you have failed to follow these rules, we reserve the right to prohibit any and all current or future use of the Services by you. If we have reason to suspect, or learn that anyone is violating these Terms, we may investigate and/or take legal action as necessary including bringing a lawsuit for damages caused by the violation. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, cooperating with and assisting law enforcement or government agencies in any resulting investigations of illegal conduct. (a) use the Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;(b) use the Services in any way that ContraForce deems at its sole discretion unprofessional;(c) copy any portion of the Services, except as expressly permitted by this license;(d) modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Services;(e) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Services or any part thereof;(f) remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the Services, including any copy thereof;(g) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense otherwise make available the Services, or any features or functionality of the Services, to any third party for any commercial reason, including by making the Site available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time;(h) remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the Services;(i) directly or indirectly take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by ContraForce in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on ContraForce or its third-party providers’ infrastructure; interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; or use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to scrape any page of the Services; or(j) create a false identity on the Services, misrepresent your identity or age, impersonate any person, create a profile for anyone other than you, or use or attempt to use another account.
7. Reservation of Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Services, including the Site, is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Services under these Terms, or any other rights thereto other than to use the Site and Services in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under these Terms. Contraforce, and its licensors and service providers, reserve and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Services and Site, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in these Terms.
8. Content and User Content. Through the Services, or via other users, Contraforce may make accessible various content, including, but not limited to, videos, photographs, images, artwork, graphics, audio clips, comments, data, text, software, scripts, campaigns, other material and information, and associated trademarks and copyrightable works (collectively, “Content”). You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services (“User Content”). Contraforce does not receive any rights to the User Content except for the limited rights that enable Contraforce to offer its Services. Contraforce requires your permission to host, back up, and share User Content. You hereby give Contraforce permission to do these activities, and this permission extends to our affiliates and trusted third parties with which Contrafoce works.
10. Geographic Restrictions. The Content and Services are based in the United States and provided for access and use only by persons located in the United States. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Services outside of the United States and that access thereto may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
11. Updates. Contraforce may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide updates to the Services, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections, and/or new features for the Site (collectively, including related documentation, “Updates”). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Contraforce has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. You agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Site and be subject to all terms and conditions of these Terms.
12. Third-Party Materials. The Services may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising (“Third-Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Contraforce is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Contraforce does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
13. Term and Termination.The term of this agreement commences when you acknowledge your acceptance and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Contraforce as set forth in this section. We may suspend or cancel your account without notice to you for any reason or no reason at all, including but not limited to if you violate these Terms, you create risk or possible legal exposure for us, your account should be removed due to unlawful conduct, or our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable. Upon termination of your account. your license to use Contraforce’s Services terminates.
14. Transfer Account on Death. You agree to provide Contraforce with a designee to transfer your account to upon death. When a user dies, Contraforce will deliver any document or files on the user’s account to the designee. In the event that the designee has not survived the user or the user did not provide a designee, said account shall be transfer to the user's estate.
15. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CONTRAFORCE, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, CONTRAFORCE PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICES OR THE APP WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS, OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. Limitation of Liability. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED, IN NO EVENT SHALL CONTRAFORCE, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00), WHICHEVER IS LESS. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THESE JURISDICTIONS, CONTRAFORCE’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Contraforce and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the Services or your breach of these Terms.
18. Severability. If any provision of these Terms is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
21. Waiver. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and any applicable purchase or other agreement, these Terms shall govern.
22. Contact. If you have any questions regarding these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.